As of the Summer term 2016 we will be working in partnership with Place2be, the UK’s leading mental health charity. Place2Be provides in-school support and expert training to
improve the emotional wellbeing of pupils, families, teachers & school staff.
Click on the image to find out more about Place2Be
Place2Be will work with children in our school, at this, a vital stage of their development. They will offer children support to cope with emotional and behavioural difficulties, This will have a positive impact on the whole class, and helps teachers focus on teaching. Place2Be will also offer support for school staff and parents.
Services for children
Place2Be will offer:
- One-to-one counselling with a trained counsellor (short- and long-term), tailored to each child’s needs
- Place2Talk, a drop in/self-referral service open to all pupils
- Group work on issues such as transition into secondary school, bereavement, friendship and self-esteem
Services for others
- Parents, grandparents and carers: counselling and support services
- School staff: support, consultation and training
- Partnership working with statutory agencies, voluntary sector partners and community groups