Social networking can provide an invaluable platform for sharing learning with both parents and the wider community. We have found that the use of the website, blogs and Twitter has added substantially to the link we aim to maintain and strengthen between home and school. However, we are aware that Social networking activities, when not conducted in a responsible and professional manner can also present a risk. Bader Primary School has a firm commitment to safeguarding children in all aspects of its work. This policy has been written to set out the key principles and code of conduct that we expect of all members of staff with respect to their responsibilities in connection with the use of social networking sites.
- Everyone at Bader Primary School has a responsibility to ensure that they protect the reputation of the school, and to treat colleagues and members of the school with professionalism and respect.
- It is important to protect everyone at Bader from allegations and misinterpretations which can arise from the use of social networking sites.
- Safeguarding children is a key responsibility of all members of staff and it is essential that everyone at Bader Primary School considers this and acts responsibly if they are using social networking sites out of school. Anyone working in the school either as a paid employee or volunteer must not communicate with children via social networking.
- Staff using the school social networking platforms should do so responsibly, ensuring they follow the school’s recommendations and consult either the Digital Technology lead or headteacher should they be unsure.
- To set out the key principles and code of conduct expected of all members of staff, governors, Friends and volunteers at Bader Primary School with respect to social networking
- To further safeguard and protect children and staff.
Click here to view the Bader Social Networking Policy