At Bader Primary School the safeguarding, welfare and well-being of our pupils is essential. Our policy on the use of mobile phones in school has been drawn up in the best interests of pupil safety and staff professionalism.
Use of mobile phones
Pupils are not permitted to have mobile phones at school or on trips, unless permission has been given by the year group leader. If in the rare event of a parent wishing for his/her child to bring a mobile phone to school to contact the parent after school:
- The parent must speak with the child’s class teacher and agree the circumstances of this exception.
- The phone must be handed in and switched off, to the office first thing in the morning, and collected by the child at home time (the phone is left at the owner’s own risk).
- Pupils are not allowed to take photographs of other pupils or staff in school.
- Mobile phones brought to school without permission will be confiscated and must be collected by the parent.
- All staff must have their phones on ‘silent’ or switched off during class time.
- All staff may not make or receive personal calls during teaching time/ contracted hours unless it is work related. If there are extreme circumstances (eg. acutely sick relative) the member of staff should make the Head Teacher aware of this and will have discussed the need to make an emergency call.
- Use of phones must be limited to non-contact time/ lunchtime when no children are present.
- Phones must be kept out of sight (eg. drawer, handbag, staff cupboard) when staff are with children.
- A school phone is provided in order to take photos of children should this be required.
Parents & other visitors
Mobile phones must never be used to take photographs in the school building or grounds during school hours, or outside without the specific permission of all parents whose children might be included.